Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm alive! I'm here! Don't Fret!

Hey everyone!!
I'm so sorry, I've been MIA from this blog for about a year...that doesn't seem too good, does it? Well, I'm back. And just in time too! Tomorrow I will head to SF to spend the night at an airport in preparation to fly out early Saturday morning to New York City (center of the universe...)!!! I'm going back to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations, and I will be representing Girls Learn International as a Girl Delegate. I will be co-leading a couple workshops, and be participating in so many amazing activities. I'm ridiculously excited!! My friend who will be taking over the GLI Chapter at my school next year is coming with me! Last year my mommy came with, which was great, but I'm ready to have this adventure with Nicole. I just talked to Nicole about how we need to stay rested, or else we will just collapse during the day--from exhaustion AND excitement. Speaking of exhaustion....i'm really just incredibly tired right now, so I should probably end this blog post right here and get ready to enter dreamland.
I will leave you with this: "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others." -Audrey Hepburn

1 comment:

  1. Erin! Congratulations on your second year as delegate to the Commission on the Status of Women at the UN. You will bring good things to your workshops, no question.

    I was just in NYC last week, at a two-day conference! Loved it, I always do, at least for a few days. And, I saw the UN building for the first time.

    Have fun, learn things!
    -- Uncle Pete

    ReplyDelete